Thursday 10 May 2012

Drama project - Director meets Camera

The director and I met to discuss plans for the shoot this weekend with regards to the camerawork.  he wanted all of the shots to be shot on tripod and to be  locked off. He came up with several ideas and I gave my suggestions. For example I came up with the idea of bouncing   gold light  off a reflector, only onto the female characters face giving her the lovey-dovey glow, he bounced off this came up with the idea of reflecting a cold night the silver or white reflector on to the man's face, in the wood sequences.  I also input ideas such as the light transforming the girls face after she fell from the cliff, dipping her into blue light. He also came up with some  arty shots that focus on specific points on the body which was then replicated on the other character.  below is a rough storyboard of the particular  shots he wanted, which  I used to plan for the weekend.  We also decided it would be worth going on a recce beforehand as Ben hadn't seen the location.  One of my main concerns g was the section script required the girl picking some fruit from  a bush or tree.  As I  couldn't think of any fruit trees within the area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment