Saturday 11 February 2012

Experimental post 11 Research/Influence

Whilst searching for examples of light art animation, so as to inspire and give clue to their workings I stumbled across 'Forest' by LichtFaktor, which seemed very relevant to our idea of lighting up the forest at night. It really works well and I think the sound track enhances the oddities of it, creating an alien feel, the sound is what makes this piece work particularly well. I think it successfully uses a mix of close ups and long takes, that show not only the forest but the creatures they've created within this space, exploring how they would interact with this. In particular I like the water shots, bouncing across the river, I'm also looking at how it's edited often having black outs between each scene of animation, which is what creates the structure to the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment